Chinese, Our Baby

Heng Kee Dim Sum @ Taman Dahlia, Cheras

March 12, 2011

IMG_7834

Dim Sum is something that I would normally avoid as a proper meal, mainly because of my gout condition. Most of the ingredients that is used are normally prawn so that limit my choices to eating only the Loh Mai Kai or the Chee Cheong Fun, that is until I found Heng Kee. There’s quite a variety of dim sum available, and best of all, most of their selection don’t contain prawn. My prayers were answer!

Heng Kee Dim Sum is located at Taman Dahlia (I only know that this place is called Taman Dahlia recently), very close to my house. I had been there a good few times, and find that the dim sum is much better than Seong Kee @ Taman Connaught.

IMG_7819

Here’s Kayden having a piece of action at the restaurant. The restaurant is not big and I anticipate that weekends will be crowded.

IMG_7822

The Hong Kong style Chee Cheong Fun is one of the nicest dim sum here. The smooth and silky texture makes it one of the must have!

IMG_7827

Ham Dan Siew Mai, made from chicken and does not contain any prawn. What I like is that it’s the same as eating those normal Siew Mai.

IMG_7828

Another type that consist of vegetables filling.

IMG_7829

Yue Mai, something that cannot be missed by May.

IMG_7831

Another Siew Mai lookalike.

IMG_7832

Pai Guat, nicely marinated with black bean sauce and very soft.

IMG_7824

What’s dim sum without a Loh Mai Kai. My favorite although I still like the one in OUG best.

There’s a lot of dim sum place around Cheras, I think I like this best. The other thing that I like is the lady owner are able to tell me which ones contain prawn and which ones not, so it’s a plus point for me who can’t eat it.

Heng Kee Dim Sum
51, Jalan 34/154
Taman Dahlia Cheras
56000 Kuala Lumpur

IMG_7830

Here’s Kayden again with his look.

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply mimid3vils March 14, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Spoon & saucer are the thing Samantha 1 2 get once we sit down for meal =.=”

• Reply JD March 14, 2011 at 4:40 pm

@mimid3vils

I guess they want to learn to eat? Kayden just likes to bite it.

• Reply Maggie March 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm

the food is quite delicious….
    but tis morning I went there n ordered a fried lo bak gou…
    do u know wat I found….
    I’ve found a fly with exactly the whole body inside there….
    o~ no……. ><
    I think tis is 1 of my unforgettable experience in my whole life….
    Luckily I didn't swallow it if not I might get stomachache….
    Fren~ next time must be careful on every single food they served….

• Reply JD March 26, 2011 at 5:22 pm

@maggie

Wow, that’s shocking! Thanks for the reminder.

• Reply joseph chen May 16, 2011 at 6:47 pm

hey jordan, have u tried the kuchai lama, Chi Hao Dian before? looks very nice la, tempted to try the red elephant discount but dunno whether the dim sum nice onot… pic look super nice laaa

• Reply JD May 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm

@joseph

I haven’t tried it before because when it comes to dim sum have to be on the lookout coz of my gout. Looking at the pics sure looks good. Since the voucher is quite cheap, I think you can give it a try.

• Reply Rebecca August 18, 2011 at 7:47 am

Hello! Came across your blog while hunting for some dim sum recommendations!
    The prices are reasonable?

• Reply JD August 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm

@rebecca

Thanks for dropping by. Price wise is quite reasonable.