My Cup of Joe

August 1, 2010

IMG_4584

I’m only a social coffee drinker but that doesn’t mean that I only drink it once a week or something. I have it almost everyday, well, something that you can get to enjoy during one’s busy day.

IMG_4559

I have been wanting to get an Espresso machine for the longest time, but have only acquired it last Friday because since May is not breastfeeding anymore, she can also get back to her coffee habit. Yup, she haven’t been drinking a lot of coffee since she’s pregnant with Kayden, that’s also one of the reason that I have delayed my purchase.

IMG_4561

If you are a coffee aficionado, having an Espresso machine at home means that you can serve a cup of Cappuccino, Macchiato, Latte all in the comfort of your home since the type of drink is just a matter of how much milk one prefer with the espresso.

IMG_4576

As for the coffee beans, it can be purchased anywhere like Starbucks and the barrista will grind the beans to the finest powder, so that it could fit into the holder.

IMG_4578

Despite the complicated looking knobs, making 2 shots of espresso is quite easy, just set the knob to the last button and voila, down pours the shots.

IMG_4581

There’s also another knob that is used for frothing the milk which then gives the foam layer that is on top of a cup of cappuccino.

IMG_4585

It’s a pretty interesting procedure to make a cup of coffee, so maybe next up it’s time to do some coffee art. Then I can start to think about opening a cafe?

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Sher Lin August 1, 2010 at 9:30 pm

haha, bagus jugak if u open a cafe, it’ll be like the next ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’ kinda cafe where we can all chill and hang out. Minus the ‘smelly cat’ song..

• Reply JD August 1, 2010 at 10:16 pm

@sherlin

Yeah, that would be cool…let me save up some bullet first.

• Reply Tracey August 1, 2010 at 10:36 pm

How much you paid for the expresso machine?

• Reply JD August 1, 2010 at 10:42 pm

@tracey

Its 599, at harvey norman.

• Reply Alex August 2, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Can you get this in KL?

This will be the PerfecT frothing machine… (Aeroccino made by Nespresso)

By the way, one group head is meant to make one mug of coffee… depends on how strong you want (even though got two holes).

• Reply JD August 2, 2010 at 1:17 pm

@alex

I don’t think i can get it here…the machine comes witha frother as well…all I need now is a perfect jug to froth the milk.

Noted, seemd like even I use 1 group head also, not strong enough….

• Reply Alex August 5, 2010 at 11:10 am

Did you use the ‘temper’ to compress the coffee grind in the group head? (press not too hard and not too gentle)

If the brew comes out too quick, then you didn’t compress the coffee grind enough. The result that i’m looking for is the coffee machine brewing a few drops per second. You’ll know when you got the perfect brew when you can see a rim of brown coffee oil around your cup.

• Reply tlwong August 5, 2010 at 6:24 pm

599 only ? i always imagine that thing will cost few k , those selling in robinson is like 2999

• Reply JD August 6, 2010 at 8:53 pm

@tlwong

Yeah, but this is very manual. I think those at robinsons are semi-auto or fully automatic.